Qualitex Home Inspection
Investors flip homes for one reason only. That is for profit. So the process is as follows: buy a beat up home…Fix it up so it looks great (on the surface)…Sell it and walk away with a profit. End of story.
What you the buyer sees is what the seller or contractor wants you to see. You see no more.
The trained, experienced home inspectors from Qualitex Home Inspection ignores what the seller wants us to see. Instead, we see what is there to be seen. These are things you the buyer or home owner may see when its too late, or may NEVER see.
Things you may see when it is TOO LATE and their implications may include the following:
- Termite Infestation –Property Damage and Reduction in property value.
- Mold – Serious Health problems (some permanent), and Reduction in property value.
- Poor construction techniques – This one can cause the previous two.
- Incomplete renovation – Presence of or failure to remove previously installed cancer causing agents. An example would be Asbestos Containing Materials (ACM). Failure to fully address other issues such as Termite Infestation, and Mold.
This was found in a distribution panel in a home that was built in the late 1970’s but had recently undergone extensive renovation. This condition no doubt done by the contractor. The hot red wire apparently came into contact with the Equipment Ground Conductor (a short circuit). SERIOUS
Attic sheathing significantly discoloured due to moisture and lack of adequate air flow. Some portion of sheathing clearly replaced; no doubt there is a relationship. This we brought to the buyer’s attention and advised them to speak with the Maintenance Company. They would not have seen this without a home inspection.
Here are a few things you will NEVER see, but resulting implications could be experienced:
- Poor or electrical work – Fire (implications obvious)
- Failure to fully address old electrical work. Examples are Knob & Tube, or Aluminum wiring– Overload, nuisance tripping, fire
- Poor construction techniques – Presence of toxic gasses
All the above are things a qualified home inspector likely may find, and unlikely you would see before it is too late.
This particular outcome is possible when the condition is electrical, gas or gas appliance related. Should the condition be mold related then serious illnesses could occur such as respiratory and neurological, and in some cases maybe permanent.
PROTECT YOUR INVESTMENT AND YOURSELF. GET YOUR HOME INSPECTED.
Qualitex Home Inspection services the Greater Toronto Area: Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton, Milton, Oakville, Burlington, Vaughan.